Wednesday, March 27, 2013

N'awlins Style

We decided to try BrewRiver again since we loved it so much last week. Even though it was Crawfish Tuesday, we tried other menu items instead. We'll save the Crawfish as a treat when the weather's good again.

We were just as happy with the other menu choices as we were with the Crawfish. This is definitely a place we'll keep coming to! We love the ambiance and the food - the waitstaff is super friendly too.

Started off with the New Orleans-Style BBQ Shrimp. 

Last time, Rob had the seafood gumbo and I was totally jealous. I had to order it this time around and it was amazing. I added a little salt and it hit the spot!

Rob ordered the Soup duJour - Corned Beef & Cabbage soup

He also ordered the Oyster Po'boy. I didn't get to try the sandwich, but those fries....so good. He loved the dish and was surprised by all the flavors.

I ordered the Mushroom appetizer special as my meal. I wasn't expecting it to be this big or this good! Fried mushrooms are a favorite of mine and these are some of the best I've ever had. The mushroom cream sauce they lay on was so good. Once you take a bite your surprised with a green, cream and pesto sauce. The flavors went so well together, I couldn't get enough! Rob didn't like them, but his opinion doesn't count, he doesn't like pesto...who doesn't like pesto!? Weirdo ;)

Instead of dessert, Rob tried the Corn Dog appetizer he's been wanting for awhile now. I tried one, the verdict was - they were ok. Nothing special, probably won't need to try them again.

We didn't realize BrewRiver did brunch on Sunday's. When we found out we were able to take a peak at the menu. It's safe to say we'll probably be here on Sunday. 

This is a new favorite of ours! I really look forward to this place in the summer. Between the Crawfish on Tuesday's and brunch on Sunday's I'm sure we'll be here quite often.


BrewRiver GastroPub on Urbanspoon


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We've been following the same pattern at BrewRiver! We went the first time 3 weeks ago for brunch and it was AWESOME. We've been back every Tuesday for my husband to satisfy his Crawfish desire. When you go for brunch, make sure you try the "beer"naise. Quite delish.

LZ said...

Thanks! We'll be sure to try the "beer"naise - sounds great.

Post a Comment